Who we are
Established in 1838 to provide shelter for the poor and needy. The Home is one of the oldest charities on the Island - relying totally on the generous support of the community as we receive no government funding.
Over the years we have evolved into a comfortable residential home providing short and long stay residential care for the elderly comprising accommodation, meals, social and personal care. The support and care we provide is designed to build on strengths and constantly seeks to improve quality of life. We have a true passion to deliver the best for our residents.
To maintain the best in caring standards for the residents of the Ellan Vannin Home.
- To maintain the highest standards of physical, mental and spiritual care for residents.
- To resource the Home with staff of the highest quality, integrity and experience.
- To ensure that the highest standards in Health and Safety are maintained.
- To maintain a cost effective support system.
- To ensure that policies and procedures are kept up to date.
- To maintain the highest standards in corporate governance.
Those being cared for enjoy
- A beautiful appointed home-like place
- A place where seniors really enjoy living
- A comfortable room
- People to talk to and get to know
- Activities and entertainments
- Three meals a day - catering for special dietary requirements and freshly cooked by Ellan Vannin's Home chef
Those who care comprise
The Board and Management Committee
Comprising of professionals, whose responsibility is to ensure and oversee good management.
Home Management Team
Consisting of a Manager and two Deputy Managers.
Encompassing carers, kitchen staff and many others who seek and deliver the highest standards of attention.
Ladies Advisory Committee
Consists of ten enthusiastic ladies whose principle role is to raise funds, better residents' comforts and ensure residents social needs are satisfied.
How you can help us
Your time resource is of great value to us. Please contact us if you think you would like to make a difference to the lives of seniors. From social activities to fund raising, we welcome your support.
If you would like to contribute towards the work we carry out on the Isle of Man, a one donation can be made via our PayPal ‘Donate’ button above or contact us if you would like to set up a longer term financial commitment via covenant or standing order.
Please remember Ellan Vannin Home in your Will.